Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A simple guide to: Drive-thrus

As I sit here working in the Barnes & Noble cafe, I watch the cars across the street wrapping around the Chick-fil-A drive-thru like the line for a theme park ride. It will probably be 15 min before that Jeep at the end of the line even reaches the talking metal box that takes your order.

Last time I pulled up to Chick-fil-A to pick up lunch for the office, I saw this same long line and immediately parked and walked the extra 10 ft. to order inside. When I got inside I couldn't believe my eyes. No line whatsoever.

I will commend the drive-thruers for at least going to Chick-fil-A (it's one of the healthiest fast food chains). But are you really that lazy that you would rather waste time, and the $4/gallon it costs to fill up your gas guzzling SUV, than walk inside?

The drive-thru is not always faster people! Park your car. Save some gas. Walk the extra few feet. At least you'll burn off a french fry or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment