Monday, June 13, 2011

Please Pray for Lauren Spierer's Return

I was born and raised in Bloomington, IN. It has always been home, a place I returned to many times for holidays, football games, and Little 5. It is my safe place. It's a small college town where everyone is friendly; a relative Pleasantville. So when people like Lauren Spierer go missing, it gives me a sad reminder that even in a small town, a perceived safe-haven where I spent my childhood, there are still dangerous and hurtful people out there.

That is why it is extremely important, especially for girls, to be aware of your surroundings at all times. And please, NEVER walk home from a party or from the bars alone. Even if you are on a college campus and you think it is safe. Anything can happen.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Spierer family. I ask that you pray as well, that Lauren returns home safely, and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment